As cities and towns continue to expand, in terms of size and population, there is a growing demand for experts who can manage these changes.
Engineers, architects, building surveyors, economists, developers, legislators, environmental scientists, and town planners are all vital to our future success as a community.
When it comes to establishing the strategies and designing the places in which we live, work, and play, town planning consultants in particular play a critical role.
Through innovative town planning, a consultant’s specialized expertise seeks to improve our quality of life and build thriving communities.
Who is a town planning consultant?
A town planning consultant in Malaysia assists communities, companies, and politicians in determining the optimum use of land and structures.
The fundamental goal of a town planning service is to achieve sustainability. When it comes to deciding whether or not to build on a piece of land, this entails balancing many social, environmental, and economic problems.
Another way to define this profession is “creating spaces” for people to live and work, such as towns.
Planning consultants do not create structures. Instead, they advise on how and where they should be erected, what they should be used for, and how they should blend in with the surrounding environment.
What are the roles and responsibilities of a town planning consultant?
The role and responsibilities of a planning consultant might vary depending on the needs of the client, however, the following are the most common tasks:
- Providing advice and support on issues concerning planning, development, and environmental issues for building and renovation projects.
- Planning consultants in Malaysia are familiar with the intricacies and limits of the complicated planning system and can advise on whether a solution exists and, if so, what the most efficient and cost-effective path to take.
- Consultants can handle and finish planning applications, which are frequently complex, time-consuming, and difficult to understand.
- The scope of assistance can range from providing early guidance on how to approach planning to being engaged in all phases of the design and construction process.
- Conducting a study into the development’s town planning viability, which will involve a survey of the surrounding area, a review of local plans, and an assessment of the existing situation in terms of other developments or planning applications in the region.
- Working with and choosing design professionals to prepare the development and design briefs, which will be submitted as part of the planning application.
- Investigating and evaluating the project’s potential effects on the community. As needed, conducting assessments on drainage, wildlife, and arboriculture, for example.
- Large projects will frequently need the creation of Local Plan representations or public exhibits of the plans. For both of these, the town planning consultant must organize and maintain.
- Submission of planning applications, monitoring their progress, and offering advice and assistance when the relevant Planning Authority requests clarification.
In a Nutshell
Whether you’re a seasoned property developer or new in the industry, consulting with a competent town planner can save you money and time.
Seeking the opinion of a town planning consultant in Malaysia at the pre-application stage of your project is a critical step in guaranteeing its success and will aid you in determining whether your idea is viable.
Are there any potential roadblocks to your project? A town planning expert may provide solutions so you don’t submit a proposal that won’t receive approval.
Town planning consultants have the essential background knowledge and awareness of local government regulations, so they can advise you on the modifications before applying to Council, ensuring that you avoid excessive delays.